A Personal Message from Sarah and Alan.....
We would like to share a few personal thoughts with you as you consider your holiday in The famous Mountains of Mourne -
White Gate Lodge is not just another rental cottage on the web, it is also our very special holiday home. We maintain a very personal interest in this property, ensuring that you relish the experience of staying here as much as we do.
Many people who have rented White Gate Lodge as strangers have subsequently become friends and seek to return again and again. Nothing pleases us more.
So why should you pick this property over all the others from which you could choose?�
- Location is a good place to start, as White Gate Lodge is barely 45 minutes drive from Belfast City Airport/Harbour and less than 10 minutes from the nearby seaside resort of Newcastle, County Down.
- It is superbly located for exploring the whole of the Mountains of Mourne and beyond.
- It's a house steeped in history, built in 1876, and being a listed building is constantly being maintained to a very high standard both inside and out.
- The gardens have been personally landscaped, with various seating areas, to make the most of the views of the Mourne mountains.
- A summer house is available for the sole use by guests to enjoy the views in all weathers.
- If you like adventure activities - the Tollymore National Outdoor Centre is literally over the back fence
- If you like walking in the forest or in the mountains - walks ranging from minutes to hours start just 50 "FEET" from the front door.
- Horse riding available locally.
- The famous Royal County Down Golf course - less than 10 minutes drive.
- The local area is rich in history, with exciting places to explore and fun things to do for all ages.
- The friendly people, the local cuisine and the spectacular scenery are, very simply, hard to beat.
It's no wonder the Mountains of Mourne are one of the primary choices for hill walkers, rock climbers, painters, authors, photographers, bird watchers and anyone seeking inspiration and relaxation.
To summarise, whatever your holiday requirements are, our primary focus is about ensuring that you have an all round memorable and fabulous holiday in probably one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland.
Please fell free to call us or email us with any queries or questions you might have, we will be delighted to help you with information or the benefit of our fabulous experiences of this "area of outsanding natural beauty".
If we don't know the answer, we'll endeavour to find it for you!
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully helping you towards a holiday experience which you will remember and treasure for many years to come.
With all our very best regards,
Sarah and Alan
Click on here to email us now.
Irish Cottage to rent Newcastle Co.Down Ireland sleeps 6.